Translate

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Excerpts from the Diary of a Designer Volume # 6

The next exciting instalment from my monthly blurb over on the Imaginarium Designs blog...

There can be only ONE!


Tuesday the 16th of May 2017

Dear Diary...
Well there truly can only be one layout this month...
 and I'm seriously lucky I managed even that!!!

It all started in New Zealand... or Middle Earth as some know it...

[insert flashback music]

This was the picturesque location where I managed to soundly break my tailbone... I would like to lie say that it was while skiing on the slopes above the beautiful Queenstown...

but alas, I'm loath to admit, it was when I slipped off the side of a picnic table, in the middle of a dry river bed while filming an episode of 'The fellowship of the Burger Ring'...




Our family just couldn't help ourselves ... everytime we saw any location in NZ that reminded us of something from the Lord of The Rings or Hobbit movies, we would have to stop and film our own version of it... This of course was AWESOME beyond words. 
and even though it ultimately cost me dearly... it was still
 SO. WORTH. IT.

Nonetheless .... now I can't sit down for more than 3 minutes at a time!
What an unusually cruel form of torture for a scrapbooker ... 
after all sitting at my desk for hours on end is what I doooooo!! 




But I put on my big girl pants and got to work yesterday .... it was an utter miracle when I managed to finish this one page over the course of the last 2 days ... 
bit by bit I pulled it all together using Imaginarium Chipboards, Kaisercraft Keepsake paper collection and many stretching and walking breaks!! 😊


These are the beautiful chipboards I used on this layout...




Is it a coincidence that I chose a photo to scrap of my kids all laying down? 
Methinks not ... it really is on my mind all day every day... 

I think I will try scraping laying down tomorrow, 
I cant help but feel it's an experiment worth running with!


Wednesday the 17th of May 2017

Dear Diary...

Well the laying down scrapping experiment didn't go too well ... here it is:


I think I have effectively dispelled all myths and fantasies that it's possible to scrap while laying down ... so it's back to sitting. 

I simply can't face another layout so I'm sticking with cards for the rest of this week.

Here is my effort at an anniversary card using a beautiful chipboard title...






I got through the day... but oh mercy ... 
sitting still for ANY length of time is akin to the labours of Hercules!! 

I must return to the drawing board and come up with a new plan ... surely others have faced this same dilemma ( albeit there were likely alternate circumstances regarding the cause) ... 
I wonder if there's a support group out there for people like me?




*Not to self: Google whether there is an online support group for people who hurt themselves in stupid ways and can only seek help through the anonymous magic of the interweb.



Thursday the 18th of May  2017

Dear Diary...
A friend suggested this morning that I try using a blow up ring for sitting on my broken tailbone ...
 I figured I had nothing to lose so I gave it a go.

It wasnt going too badly actually until a couple of my kids came into the workshop and saw the blow up ring... they fell on the floor laughing and suggested that now we should film an episode of 

'Fellowship of the Butt-Ring'

I've decided those particular children don't get pocket money anymore!!

It wasn't until a friend dropped by and laughed and said something alarmingly similar to the children that my pride took over and I abandoned the 'butt-ring' all together. 

Nonetheless I did manage to finish one more card ...



Using these beautiful chipborads...



I created a gorgeous mottled look on this butterfly by covering it first with some metallic silver ink and then spraying over it with the same coloured mist I used on the title ( Marker Maniacs - Cinnamon Crunch).



And that is the end of me, diary ... I really can't manage any more sitting this month.

I will go now... find a good laying position on the lounge and wait there for just another 5 weeks or so. I'm thinking TV, Movies and popcorn...

And the Lord of the Rings Trilogy of course ...
 I've had a hankering to watch that for ages now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Kelly-anne you have been in the wars! I vote you stick to the butt-ring and cover it with a tea-towel (or similar!) Bugger what others think! I know they worked miracles after giving birth!
Congratulations on getting some scapbooking done....you really are a miracle!
PS I'm having withdrawals after no class last month!! (crying on the inside!)

Lili Sulastri said...

Hi Kelly. Decided to pay a visit and your write-up is so hilarious, I am glad I am home alone at the moment.
After three months I hope your tailbone is healing itself and you can sit prim and proper. Amazing layout and cards despite your discomfort. I wish you well by now, dearie.

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

Lol ... thanks Lili ❤️ I'm doing much better now a few months have passed... what an embarrassing injury ha ha ha!!