Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sears and Son Layout


Today I'm sharing another layout with the Sears & Son Collection. I'm really enjoying being able to get though some of my mountains of boy photos!! LOL

This time I was challenged to use a 'steam punk' theme ... something difficult for one so in love with all things shabby chic... but I gave it my best hit and put all the cogs I could on the page in the spirit of true steam punk style. Truthfully it's not really as grungy as true steam punk would dictate, but it's a pretty good marriage of steam punk and MY style! 

The acetate clocks were the easiest part of the whole page, Kaisercraft have a whole sheet of them consisting of different size clocks so all you have to do is cut them out and stick them in where ever you want ... too easy! 

With the chipboard wood flourishes I spray painted them with mat black paint and then embossed with clear crystals over the top of that to give them that shiny look.




Finally I have more of those cute little playing cards scattered about the place ... what do they represent? what are they about? whats make them so popular at the moment? Who knows ... but I like them, I think they are so cute I've used them on every project I've done for the last two weeks!! LOL



Anyway, thanks for looking, I hope you have a very creative day yourself!
Smiles from Kel.


3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Great combination of the two styles Kel. Lovely layout.

Lili Sulastri said...

Lovely layout Kel.

Shahrul Niza said...

oooohhh lovely LO, Kelly!!. Wow, those clocks & lamp post are too gorgeous!. I'm loving the gears too, wow very steampunk-ish LO. LOVE it!. And that little cards tucked behind the 'pocket' is genius :). They add playfulness to your LO. Marvelous.