Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blast Off Layout


SO today I'm sharing the first layout I made using the new Blast Off Collection.

For this layout I decided to abandon my usual shabby chic style and go quite modern. I'm still not sure how I feel about this move. The page seems quite acceptable but I always feel as though it is missing something when i look at it ... it's just not as fluid and full as I usually like to see layouts!!

Anyway, design style misgivings aside I can't get over how cute the little aliens in this collection are.... that green guy is off-the-charts-cute!!

I love the way they distract a bit from the photo ... that was always going to be a difficult photo to scrap with it being all boys in pink, black and sequins!!!

I would have loved this collection to scrap my boys with when they were younger. I might have to go and print off a couple of their toddler photos to use with this range. he he he

My next challenge is to do another page with these papers in shabby chic style ... it will be interesting to see if I can pull it off. LOL

thanks for looking.
Smiles from Kel.



        

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? shabby chic aliens??? I'm dying to see what you do with that idea. hahahaha.

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

well the gauntlet has been thrown down now hasn't it!!! Bhahahahahaha

Adriana B said...

fabulous cute page :)