Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Blast Off Shabby Chic Style...



Hi again... so today I'm sharing one more layout made with the Blast Off Collection.

This layout began life as a challenge ( this one's for you Peta!!) ... create a Shabby Chic page using this decidedly modern, playful and bright collection.

Well I don't mind telling you this was HARD... and the layout you see before you now was most certainly the best I could do... I think it's reminiscent of the shabby chic style even if it does fall short of truly shabby chic itself.

So what is shabby chic technically?

According to Wiki Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear and tear or where new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, opulent, yet cottage-style decor, often with an affected feel is emphasised to differentiate it from genuine period decor. Not to be confused with the word 'chick' it's origin is German pronounced 'Schick'  which means Skill or chic, sophisicatedelegantmondän.

So there you have it ... you can decide for yourself I managed to do it or not? LOL

I love a good challenge ... but I'm glad this one is behind me! LOL

Thanks for looking.
Cheers from Kel.


        


Oh and just a note at the end ... this was the sketch the layout was based on....
LOL
you know how sometimes you are trying to follow a sketch and the page just kind of takes on a life of it's own?? Well that's kind of what happened here.
If you really want to find the sketch... tilt my layout once to the right and squint your eyes....
see it yet??
Bhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaa



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe I think you've given it a red hot go! I totally get how hard that can be. I'm working on a mechanical shabby chic page that's challenging at the moment, keep up the good work!

Shahrul Niza said...

Yes!!. I haven't seen many 'orangy' shabby chic projects out there, you certainly rock this!!. LOVE all the heavenly elements here, especially that planet!. HUGS.