Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sat. Sketch #2 Oct 2012


This week I have used the Periwinkle Collection for the Saturday Sketch comp over at the 
This was a hard one for me ... being round ... I don't usually stray too far from the 12 x 12 format, so I kind of couldn't help myself popping the circle back into the normal page context! LOL

I'm still loving the ballons and birds that are abounding in scrapbooking at the moment and can't help sticking a bird on pretty much every page I ever do at the moment!

This photo is an old family one that I used because of the orange tones that suited these papers so well.. I'm really enjoying the Periwinkle collection and the Australian Scrapbook Ideas magazine recently picked up one of my layouts for publishing using this collection also ... so YAY for Periwinkle!!

Thanks for looking...
Cheers from Kel.




Based on this sketch:


6 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

The colours suit your photo perfetly Kell. Great interpretation for your family memories.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I love your take on the pretty round sketch...definitely a great vintagy style I love doing...thanks for sharing your beautiful creation Kel :)
Hugs,
Asmah

Shahrul Niza said...

Beautiful vintage LO!!. Love the soft blue paper and it's perfect to pair with all the earthy embellishments :).

Unknown said...

WOW thats awesome kel ... love it! xo

Lili Sulastri said...

Beautiful page Kel. I love the balloons, too.
Where does the McLeod family comes from?
My uncle-in-law is a Mcleod. Wonder if there is a remote posibility we're related!!!!!

Hugs, lili

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

Hi Lili,
my relatives all migrated straight from Scotland in the 1800's ... what about yours?
Kel